Sunday, January 23, 2011

Macbeth -The Evil One

Hark! That Macbeth, the foe of us all. Not only a foe but a fool, an evil fool, wicked as wicked can get. Oh Macbeth, Macbeth; pity I feel for you. Once seen as the brave the honourable Macbeth, now seen as the vicious tyrant. I laugh at Macbeth, my weird sisters and I see you as something else; no less or no more of what you are - demanding, naïve by means of manipulation and evil, more evil than the devil himself. Does no one not notice how bossy Macbeth is? He comes to search for aid; however he’s so demanding, loud and ignorant. Not only does he search for aid he demands it. Is this the way to get what you want, especially from powerful, magical people like my sisters and I? And not only that, when his answers are revealed to him he demands to get the answer he wants to hear! Hark! Macbeth came to my sisters and I to obtain information about his future. He wanted to know if he would stay king and if not who would be? “’How now, you secret, black, and midnight hags! What is’t you do?...I conjure you, by that which you profess…answer me…’”(4.1||47-48,50-51). These words make the inside of my mind burn with hate for Macbeth. How dare he walk into our territory demanding us to show him his future! However, we did show him. No half-truths were told, but Macbeth demanded to see what HE wanted to see. We refused to show him, what he wanted to see, but anon; we did. “’I will be satisfied, deny me this and an eternal curse fall on you!’”(4.1||104-105). Ha, I laugh. Macbeth how can you curse the ones who create and are the curses?
Macbeth is not only this vile demanding creature but also a naïve one. His mind is so simple to manipulate and play with, the perfect pawn in the game. All that needs to done in order for Macbeth to act upon chaotic impulse is insert a thought into his mind, no matter how small. The tiniest thought in the tyrants mind can evolve and grow into a huge scheme. When we first visited Macbeth, upon the Heath we set the thought into his mid of becoming King. This became his ambition, he would go against fate to achieve it. He murdered many people, became a tyrant and eventually evil. All because of one thought we put into his mind. All these consequences grew as we continued to feed his ambition with things he asked for. When Macbeth came to us the second time we showed him three apparitions telling the complete truth, that made him believe he could never be defeated. These also pushed him to make sure that these prophecies would become true and eliminate any one in the way of him and his ambitions.
Not only is Macbeth so easy to used and played with so easily, easier than extracting the eye of a newt, he is also an evil, devious villain. This is coming from a witch, I know were characterized as being devious and evil, well we don’t blame society for doing so we are but imagine if were this devious concocting bat winged, strangled baby and wolf tooth potion, how devious must Macbeth be to be called wicked by us? In fact, he is so evil that even the realms of hell would run from him. Hark! The second time Macbeth came to visit us, scene four, we were brewing a potion in the cauldron. After we mixed ingredients like toe of frog, lizard’s leg and liver of blaspheming Jew, my sister acknowledged something evil was coming. “’By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.”(4.1.||44-45). After that, Macbeth showed up. For the sisters of all things dark to identify someone as wicked or evil, that must mean you were born from hell itself, the son of Satan. Hark! Macbeth I despise you, but it was great folly for my sisters and I to play this game with you. Anon, it’s time to be with my sisters again. I take my leave.

- Becky, The First Witch

No comments:

Post a Comment